History of the Organization
SAS Construction, Inc. officially began business in 2001. The company was started by a small group of partners experienced in the construction field and with common beliefs in the ethical and moral operation of a company. SAS stands for “Sanders and Son” and is named in memory of Mr. Charles R. Sanders, whose life had a major impact and influence on the ideals, morals, and work ethic that is the foundation of SAS Construction, Inc.
SAS Construction, Inc. is a non-union general contractor performing new construction and maintenance work in the industrial, commercial, and municipal markets primarily in the state of Louisiana and for various customers in Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Kansas. Incorporated in 2001, SAS is a subchapter “C” corporation licensed in Louisiana in building construction, heavy construction, and municipal and public works. SAS is also licensed to install, move, and reinstall boilers by the state of Louisiana. SAS has a bonding limit of $5,000,000.00.
SAS Construction, Inc. provides all supervision, manpower, equipment, materials, and outside resources (engineering, etc.) necessary to complete large or small scale construction and maintenance projects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Equipment and Tank Setting – installation of heavy equipment, pumps, fans, tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, reactors, process equipment and systems, packaging equipment and systems, and product conveying equipment and systems
- Process Pipe Fabrication and Installation – fabrication, installation, and testing of large and small bore piping systems including carbon steel, stainless steel, special alloy, plastic, internally lined pipe, pipelines, fumigation piping, and high pressure piping
- Assembly and Installation of Production and Conveying Equipment – installation and maintenance of air conveying systems and material conveying systems including screw conveyors, belt conveyors and elevators
- Concrete Paving and Foundation Work – all concrete and associated work including foundations, paving, concrete repairs, grouting, site drainage, site grading, pilings, etc.
- Demolition Work – demolition and removal of concrete foundations and paving; removal and/or salvage of pressure vessels, process equipment, piping, conveying systems; as well as dismantling and demolition of specific structure and equipment within an operational unit
- Fabrication – onsite or custom fabrication is provided by SAS crews; process equipment, tanks, structural steel projects, and special alloy fabricated items are produced internally and through our network of fabricators
- Industrial Turnarounds – specific unit or plant wide turnarounds and maintenance shutdowns utilizing practical project schedules that minimize interference with day-to-day operations
Budget Estimates and Scheduling – we assist our customers by providing budget estimates, scopes of work, and scheduling for projects in the planning stages